Friday, September 5, 2008

Major Deegan FAIL


Yeah, it's spaz week in Andi-land. Yesterday, I caught my shoe heel in the hem of my trousers and succeeded in launching myself down a flight of steps, ultimately landing in an Olympic-style ass-plant at the bottom. In front of my boss. Fortunately, I only sustained a slight injury to my left knee. Oh, and my dignity.

Then today, on the way back from a client meeting, my car got rear-ended on the Major Deegan, and not in a good way. Fortunately, my Infiniti is a big heavy car with a big heavy bumper, so it only ended up with a couple of scratches. But it wasn't a jolt that my already injured, rheumatically-challenged body really needed. I just hope I can get out of bed tomorrow.

Thankfully, I am on my way south tonight, to Delaware, ostensibly to attend the Brandywine Arts Festival but really to hang out with my college buddies / sorority sisters / partners in crime, etc. I'm leaving tonight so as to not have any unfortunate encounters with Hanna; given my mojo this week, it seems like a good idea to avoid as much trouble as possible.

Back to posting on Monday. Shabbat shalom, y'all.

1 comment:

Ethora said...

Oh Noes! Please please please take it easy. Relax as much as possible. Take frequent breaks when driving and treat yourself well so that you will more quickly heal from the fall and crash.